Friday, January 18, 2008

At The Hotel

The short blog entires are from my cell phone this is in the hotel at my computer!

First of all its pretty sweet to ave tagged along thanks to the guys and AZ hockey for helping make that possible, We don't say it much on the air cause we have a job to do but we are very grateful for what this team does for us as a whole. We understand our role and why we are here so we do step back into the background and let the guys do what they normally do as if were not here.

Plane ride was fine no issues at all.

I guess it will be between 26 to 31 degrees tonight and around 60 tomorrow.

We went to dinner and have arrived at the hotel. its about 10:30pm out here and the 10pm news on ABC Channel 9 KGUN just aired a preview of the games this weekend. AZ coach Leo G. was on talking about the importance of this weekend for Arizona. (like we said on the hockey show if this was at the ONYX would there even be a ques of the outcome?) We shall see. I wont do the shoulf of could of would of game. Goalie Andrew Stewart doesn't like when we play that game...for good reason two

For some reason I have a good feeling about this weekend for OU, I cant pin point it on any one thing but I do. I believe were going to get some goals and production this weekend from guys who we don't normally see it from in terms of goals/points maybe Leja? Micks? Capa?

We went to the Rink left our gear the rink was ok but not jaw dropping at all...we will see when the people are in it tomorrow and the atmosphere gets going back to dropping our stuff at the rink....or the players did and went to dinner I went to Olive Garden with 10 others on the roster. I believe the guys are ready to play. Don't get me wrong OU has to come home with 2 wins and good ones at that no if's and's or but's about it.

I must say..at least in my case my Hotel room is real nice maybe the nicest I have stayed in on an OU Hockey Road trip....I guess ask me tomorrow to confirm this after a night of rest.

The Icecats are a big deal out here. It seems every knows who they are and they are on ESPN Radio and Local TV covers em from what I have seem so far. that came as a shock to a few of the OU guys who were in Metro Airport around noon this afternoon before the bulk of the group arrived.

I would like to go over who is here and who is not for OU but its better if I don't I guess I dont think OU would mine but just a guess on my part. However OU will be a different team then normal but that means more chances for guys to step it up. Arizona does have some injury issues as I posted last night but we shall see at game time if those guys can go.

Finally our Feb 13 OU Hockey Show looks like its heading on the road...more on that later

I have received numerous emails thanking about the blog thanks for that..no time to respond individually plane ride tired me out!!!!!!!!!

Rankings come out tomorrow as well, I think and have a felling OU will drop to 12 or stay pat. but that is not fair when you consider that they are 8-2 in the last 10 games don't they deserve some credit for that? To bad I don't get a vote I would credit em for sure.

Also as I write this I have to remember its 1:13 back home I was trying to get in touch with our color analyst...or one of them Justin Cousineau but I know he has Windsor Spitfires duties this weekend in the Ontario Hockey League