Monday, January 21, 2008

Saturday Game Thoughts

I have a little time here:

Saturday was exactly what Oakland needed. Looking back I kind of threw it all out there before the game by writing This Post One of our radio station guys told me you know this team so I shouldn't worry about throwing something like that out especially after what I thought was the worst loss I have ever seen here (3 years total)

On those same lines another radio station guy (I don't know if they want me to say who) told me "You know this team so don't be shocked if they lose this weekend" That is interesting and true at the same time. They shouldn't lose but you play the games for a reason we can say or write those things as we don't have to be in a mental state to play if the players or coaches think that we encounter a situation like Friday. I realize Buffalo can come in here and steal a game. They have nothing to lose so they will be playing loose it would mean the world to them to upset OU those are the most dangerous teams.

Anyway back to Saturday, real nice to see Cody Austin get a goal he almost has a second but hit the post. Same with Ronayne (he should be on Wednesday's show) you can really see the impact these guys are having. Brent Cooper once again stepped up when the team needed a big win. It was a big win considering the situation.

Colin Chase after all he has done has earned the right to have an off night and that is all Friday was. Hansen came in on Saturday and simply got the job done. That is why he is so key as a backup you have confidence that he can get the win. Will we see him or Andrew Stewart this weekend? We will find out.

Jim Moran as I said in the broadcast has been solid for Oakland overall lately. I know we have been tough on him and Capa this year. Speaking of Dennis Capa he rebounded nicely after a rough night (and who didn't have that Friday) for the minutes he got before he was tossed Saturday. Haugh was good on Saturday just couldn't find the back of the net. I think he will this weekend you can kind of feel it coming.

They have to build on this win I think they will.

We will talk more Wednesday about everything.